For every business, automating the business efforts through any software not only increases profits but also empowers efficiency into the system. But most of the customers always ask basic questions related to which kind of software will give most appropriate benefit to them. Its a practical question but still we help them in answering this question by showing a basic difference between website and mobile app.
A website is now a days is mobile responsive and consists of browser based HTML pages that are linked together to run over the internet connection. In the past, websites were not mobile friendly and didn’t fit on small devices i.e. mobile browsers. But now technology changes everyday that has brought mobile websites to be developed using standardized HTML tags to fit on small devices too.
Mobile apps are actual applications that gets downloaded from a verified online store and installed on the mobile devices. It doesn’t require any browser on the mobile. Mobile apps can do the same thing but can also run offline without any internet connection.
Following are few tips for a customer to choose vs mobile and website.
- Mobile websites are preferred if the end goal of a business is public dealing and communication or marketing.
- Mobile websites are obviously the first step for a business to come online to market their product and then mobile apps should be developed.
- Mobile App are required for a business where we want to target gaming that requires app hardware resources to be best utilized.
- In case where internet connection is not required, make sense to develop mobile native apps.
- We can do everything in mobile websites now even i.e. open mobile camera, send SMS, GPS etc that requires mobile devices specific hardware utilization.
In conclusion, it depends upon the ultimate goal of the customer as technology is getting better day by day in website and mobile apps both.